- Slows Alzheimer’s – Vitamin D may slow the progression of Alzheimer’s. (1)
- Reduces risk of Nashua osteoporosis fractures – In 80-85 year old women with low levels of vitamin D, the 10 year risk of hip fracture and other osteoporotic fractures is increased. (2) So Moriarty Chiropractic encourages Nashua women to take their vitamin D!
- Reduces Depression – Vitamin D supplementation may effectively reduce the symptoms of depression. (3)
- Gives Hope for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) – Vitamin D may extend the remission of IBD and modify the immune response in IBD. (4) A welcome bit of hope for patients with this disease.
Holiday Stress Busters
- Sleep – Get at least 7 to 8 hours a night! (5)
- Yoga and Breathing - There’s never a better time than now to start a new habit that may help you in the future. The goal of yoga practice is to focus on the present, relax your mind and body, and ultimately retrain your reaction to stress to one that is more peaceful and calm one. (6) Moriarty Chiropractic encourages our Nashua patients to just breathe!
- Nashua Chiropractic Care – Carrying too many boxes and bags of groceries and holiday gifts may strain your back, so count on your Nashua chiropractor to relief the back pain. Plus, the spine is the root of the nervous system and a chiropractor’s work area. So the chiropractic adjustment may calm the nervous system and release tension. (7) That will make your holidays better!
Smart phones & Nashua Neck Pain
- Santa may be bringing new smartphones and tablets to you and your Nashua family. So Moriarty Chiropractic shares this minute tidbit of information: they encourage poor posture! The adult head weighs about 10 to 12 pounds in normal position. When it tilts forward, it gets heavier (up to 60 pounds depending on the angle). Your neck muscles have to hold more weight. They weren’t made for that stress, so then your neck starts to hurt. The hurting may not be so bad right now, but continued stress like this sets your neck up for disc degeneration as it ages. (8)
- But don’t worry! Be your own Santa this year, and make an appointment with your Nashua chiropractor at Moriarty Chiropractic who can relieve your neck pain and encourage you to hold your phone up instead of arching your head down to read. Let Moriarty Chiropractic check to see just how much your smartphone is being a pain in your neck!
Moriarty Chiropractic wishes you the best this holiday season and best wishes for 2015!
Share the Healthy News!