"7 days without fitness makes one weak."
So true! Remember Nike's advice, "Just Do It
"? This is good advice for every one of us Nashua residents! We're not all super athletes or marathoners, but we can get out and move.
Researchers are always studying us humans and our ways. One of the latest reports suggests - not surprisingly
- that physical inactivity and a high body mass index (BMI) increase the risk of having chronic lower back pain and chronic neck pain and shoulder pain. (1) Researchers found a 20% increased risk of chronic pain in the lower back and the neck/shoulders in obese men and women. (1) Chronic pain
is no fun. It can really get in the way of your day to day activities. Have no fear, though. Moriarty Chiropractic knows how to help you!
With so many of us sitting at computers (even us here at Moriarty Chiropractic all day long!) and in our cars, talking and texting on our phones, and/or vegging out in front of our TVs, it's no wonder that we have higher BMIs and lower physical activity. But that can be remedied easily. Just one hour or more of exercise a week for an obese person, one with a high BMI, lowers the risk of chronic pain. (1)
So what can you do in that one hour or more? Anything that gets you moving! Here are some suggestions:
- Walk your dog.
- Take a walk.
- Check out a local park around Nashua.
- Try a fitness class.
- Join the kids on their interactive game system for some simulated sports fun.
- Ride a bike.
- Check out a yoga or tai chi DVD at the library...and do it at home!
- Try a few of Moriarty Chiropractic's simple exercises for the lower back and neck (after we talk about which are good for you!).
Moriarty Chiropractic just wants you to know that exercising a little more than you do now (especially if you do nothing) goes a long, long way to help you prevent pain and enjoy the quality of life you want!